We are piloting a sexual healthcare program for our patients, with global leader Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, starting from July 2020.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE IN OUR BULK BILLING PRACTICE
- A nurse assessment, and GP consultation.
- Screening Tests for sexually transmitted infections for people without any symptoms.
- Testing and treatment for people with sexually transmitted infections.
- We will provide onsite treatment for Chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis and genital warts.
- Check-ups for people working in the sex industry.
- Prescriptions for PEP and PrEP.
For more information click here.
WORKING WITH THE CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR SEXUAL HEALTHCARE
This pilot is part of a Victorian government initiative to increase sexual health services across Melbourne. MediClinic is being supported by the Melbourne Sexual Health Centre (MSHC), internationally recognised as a leader in sexual health care and research.
Our staff have received in-depth training and education from MSHC and we have adopted their policies and guidelines so we can best support our patients. Their specialist advice is always available to our staff.
The effectiveness of the pilot program, which includes three GP practices, will be evaluated.